Please read before proceeding
Welcome to the KCC Travel Saver and KCC 16+ Travel Saver application system. The full explanation of these schemes, which you are advised to read, can be found on the Kent County Council website.
The KCC Travel Saver is for children in school years 7 to 11 who are resident in Kent attending a school or other recognised educational provision/establishment.
The KCC 16+ Travel Saver is for the over 16s who are resident in Kent fully attending a school or college of further education or other recognised educational provision/establishment. Note this pass is also available for Care Leavers in the age range 18 to 21.
This website enables those entitled to one of the above passes to apply for the pass, to capture/upload an identification photograph to appear on the pass and, where appropriate, to pay for the pass, which can be done in full by online card transaction or by requesting payment be made by monthly instalments via direct debit (the instalments option not available in the later stages of the school year).
The photograph must be a typical head and shoulders passport-style photo - looking directly at the camera, the right way up, no head or face covering (unless for religious or medical reasons), no tinted glasses (unless for medical reasons), neither too dark nor too light and against a plain background. The system will also guide the User through a simple cropping stage to ensure the uploaded image is of the correct aspect (height/width) ratio.
Applicants should additionally note the following:
- This is a new application system and customers applying for a pass for 2023/24 school year should note that all applications will need to be made as new requiring that the Submitter (typically parent/guardian/carer) sets up an account and that new and full details of the passholder are provided inclusive of a new photograph.
- It is the submitter's responsibility to ensure the photograph is of good quality and a true likeness of the individual concerned, otherwise the bus driver may not accept the pass.
- Full up-front payments, and also the lost/damaged cards replacement fee, will be made by online card transaction and handled securely by temporary pass-through to Sage Pay (Opayo). No debit/credit card details will be entered or stored within this applications system itself.
- For payments by Direct Debit, bank account details will be used by KCC Financial Systems to set-up and subsequently manage the process of monthly payment collection.
- Until your pass has been produced you will be able to amend details of the school to be attended.
- Residence in Kent is defined as living in a household which pays Council Tax to a Kent district/borough council for Kent County Council services.
- This website can be accessed via PC, smart phone or tablet and the image can be uploaded from a photo file (jpeg, bmp or png, max size 10mb), captured via webcam or taken using a phone/tablet's inbuilt camera.